Temporary Visas

A-1, A-2 & A-3 Visas

The A-1 and A-2 visas are for diplomats, consular staff, other foreign government officials and their family dependents, and the A-3 visa is available for personal employees of diplomatic personnel. The A-1, A-2 and A-3 visas are issued directly in the foreign country, for an initial validity period of up to three years, and diplomats and their dependents must register with the State Department through the employer once they enter the U.S. Some A-1 and A-2 family dependents are eligible for employment authorization, based on reciprocal agreements with their country and the type of diplomatic position held by the principal.

If you would like more information about A-1, A-2 or A-3 visas, contact Karin Wolman today!