Temporary Visas

B Visitor Visas

B-1 & B-2 Visas

B visas are for visitors. Although many visitors do not need a visa stamp, the B visa is for people from countries not included in the Visa Waiver Program, visitors from VWP countries who have a legitimate need to stay for longer than 90 days, and visitors who are ineligible to participate in the Visa Waiver Program due to a past overstay, other immigration violation, or a criminal violation for which they have obtained a waiver.

There are two types of B visas: B-1 business visitors (not for employment in the U.S.), and B-2 visitors for pleasure. All visitors, whether on B visas or under the VWP, are presumed to have immigrant intent, and must prove to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate and to the inspecting officer at a port of entry that they do not intend to remain in the U.S. indefinitely, that they do not plan to work or study in the U.S., that they have enough funds to cover the costs of their temporary visit, and must show proof of sufficient family, property, employment and financial ties to ensure their return to the home country. Visitors under the Visa Waiver Program may not extend their stay or change status in the U.S.

Have more questions about B visitor visas? Contact Karin Wolman for a consultation today!