Temporary Visas

Intracompany Transferees

L1-, L-2, L-1A & L-1B Visas

The L-1 visa for intracompany transferees is available to those who have worked for a company abroad for at least one year, full time, in a managerial or specialized-knowledge position, and who are coming to work for a U.S. branch office or a U.S. company that is a parent, subsidiary, or commonly-held affiliate of that foreign employer. The L-1A visa is for managers and executives. The L-1B visa is for workers with specialized knowledge of the sponsoring company’s processes, policies or technologies that is not readily available in the U.S. labor market. Either may be granted for an initial period of up to three years, but extensions are granted in two year increments. The maximum stay allowed is seven years for an L-1A, and five years for an L-1B. The L-2 visa is available for family dependents, and spouses in L-2 status may apply for employment authorization.

If you would like more information about obtaining an intracompany transferee visa, contact Karin Wolman today.